Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Friday Painters Demo with Watercolor



Pretty in Pink
15"x22" watercolor on paper
© 2012 Barbara Parish
 I chose a Magnolia tree limb to create an intense statement of color.  My composition is intimate, revealing soft folds of a gorgeous flower in shades of pink and magenta with green.  I love what is going on in this watercolor painting.

I started this painting as a demonstration for my Friday Painters class.  Water, Water, Water, that is one secret to painting with watercolors.

If you are in the Hemet, Ca. area stop by on Fridays to see what the Friday Painters are painting. 
Or register for a one day workshop.   Next Workshop:

June 16th, Saturday, we will paint at Boulder Bay in Big Bear Lake, Ca. 
Textured Boulders and Reflections will be the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment