Tuesday, October 19, 2010

High Sierra Color

Morning light reveals scattered clouds resting on top mountains that line each side of this gorgeous valley.
My plan for the day, drive up Bishop Creek road to locate the Aspen Trees at peak color. At 7000 elevation the mountain canyons and crevasses display the fall Aspen Trees in all their glory. Yellow, Gold, Red, an analogous color scheme that commands attention.
My reference photos capture the intimate setting of the Aspen, the Aspen grove cascading down jagged cliffs into the canyon below, and colorful reflections in still water. Truly a painters paradise.
In town I bought fresh baked bread from Schat's Bakery (yummy!) and stopped by Spellbinder Book Store to check on the release of California Writers Club Anthology 2010. My story "Illusion of Safety" is a good read. When I receive a release date I will post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment